When filing your nails at home, remember the following factors:
1) Remember to file your nails in one direction.
2) Remember not make the shape of the nails sharp or pointed, this will create a lot of trouble for you when putting on clothes or doing regular chores.
3) Remember not to file too far down the sides of your nails or make the nails to short, this will make your fingers vulnerable to cuts or blister.
4) Remember not to use a hard nail file as it can damage the nail beds and create splits.
5) Remember to use base coat polish before polishing you nails, this will protect your nail beds and make the polish last longer.